Manages analysis, design, purchase, installation, implementation, and daily maintenance of all computer systems and network activities.
3VR is the world leader in video intelligence. Our technology harvests critical, actionable data from video so that our customers can both protect and expand their businesses. Today, video is the fastest growing source of unstructured data, yet most of the value lies dormant without a person to watch it. 3VR changes that. We have established ourselves as the most innovative player in video intelligence. Now, we are expanding by converting unstructured video into business intelligence. Discovering and implementing compelling video analytics is critical to making that goal a reality. Our team is looking for a proven technology leader to execute on that goal, and that is where you fit in.
We have a phenomenal team working in an open, collaborative environment that is delivering the promised value of video data.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Develops and implements design, configuration, installation, and maintenance of network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Maintains the integrity of the network/systems security and optimization of the network (LAN and WAN).
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Performs software backups and maintains archive of source codes.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies and negotiates contracts with and activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training with vendors.
- Recommends budgets and coordinates equipment purchases.
- Installs, maintains, and upgrades computer workstations and software.
- Responds to the needs and questions of users; troubleshoots, diagnoses, and fixes hardware and/or software problems.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Sets up new user accounts; closes out old user accounts; ensures system security via passwords and other methods.
- Installs and configures desktop and laptop systems.
- Installs upgrades/updates and configures operating system and third-party software.
- Performs preventative maintenance procedures; performs system troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems.
- Develops and communicates standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data; trains users on software and equipment usage.
- Interfaces with all departments and vendors to report and resolve software, hardware, and operations problems; develops system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures; prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts; monitors and maintains network stability.
- Provides Intranet and Internet services that allow employees to connect to data and applications.
- Provides project management, design implementation, documentation, and operations support for network infrastructure.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent.
- Four to six years related experience or equivalent.
- Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with network design and troubleshooting; routing, bridging, and gateways; Internet web site applications and servers; LAN support; hardware/software.
- Must possess working knowledge of and direct experience with operating system configuration files and hardware/software interoperability issues.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles, theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of engineering/technical specialization.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- At 3VR, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open working environment - having great coworkers is one of the biggest determinants for enjoying your work, and we take our enjoyment of work very seriously.
- Your opinions matter. We are driven by technology and innovation, and we look to the smartest, most passionate people on the team as the source of ideas.
- 3VR provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- 3VR is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you have been looking for, then please send us your resume along with a cover letter letting us know why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job. Tell us how and why you are going to meet and exceed the objectives above, and then we will tell you how we can meet and exceed your goals for a great place to work.
MORE ABOUT 3VR
Founded in 2002 and based in San Francisco, CA, 3VR provides video intelligence solutions for real-time security and customer insights enabling organizations to protect employees, customers and assets as well as improve store operations and shopping experiences. 3VR products include hybrid network video recorders, video management and investigation software, comprehensive dashboards and reports and a robust suite of video analytics and APIs. 3VR is one of the fastest growing US.-based private companies and is the standard for hundreds of global customers across financial services, retail, government, critical infrastructure and hospitality. www.3vr.com 3VR is privately held with funding from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Menlo Ventures, VantagePoint Venture Partners, DAG Ventures, Focus Ventures and In-Q-Tel. The company has received numerous accolades, including a Security Products magazine product of the year award and Top 30 Technology Innovations award from Security Sales & Integration magazine.