As a Software Architect 3VR, you will apply your vision and drive to our patented and award-winning technology.
3VR is the world leader in video intelligence. Our technology harvests critical, actionable data from video so that our customers can protect and expand their businesses. Today, video is the fastest growing source of unstructured data, yet most of the value lies dormant without a person to watch it. 3VR changes that. We have established ourselves as the most innovative player in video intelligence. Now, we are expanding into new markets by converting unstructured video into true business intelligence. Discovering and implementing truly compelling video analytics is critical to making that goal a reality. Our team is looking for a proven technology leader to execute on that goal, and that is where you fit in.
3VR is expanding our market by scaling our server architecture to accommodate significantly more video input and larger enterprises that stretch from the edge to the cloud. That is where you fit in, developing and expanding the core layers that define the 3VR system architecture.
As a Software Architect 3VR, you will apply your vision and drive to our patented and award-winning technology. We have a phenomenal team working in an open, collaborative environment that is delivering the promised value of big data extracted from video.
3VR has the support of some very smart people that are known to put their money where their mouth is. We are privately funded by top tier VC's (see http://www.3vr.com/about/investors) and even some government organizations that typically act in secrecy, so we are not supposed to openly talk about them.
Here’s what you’ll do when you join the 3VR team:
- Video Management System (VMS) and Appliances: Dig into our multi-patented VMS, the accompanying appliances, and cloud architecture. Show us how 3VR can maximize performance, scalability and reliability while making it ‘oh-so-simple’ to operate.
- Industry Leadership: 3VR intends on staying at the industry’s leading edge. We expect you to integrate best practices and clever solutions to handle the intricacies surrounding video. Better yet, invent them yourselves! We have built a portfolio of patents that we are very proud of. Innovation is what drives our success - help us push the needle further
- Team Leader: Drive the team to deliver more than they ever thought they could by providing expert knowledge, mentoring, and leadership. We want someone who not only understands how the system currently works, but also envisions how it should work. Share that vision with the team, and empower them to make it a reality.
- You + 3VR = Infinity: 3VR is an open platform which can consume any video, integrate any computer vision program/algorithm, and host any application that supports any usage case that anyone can imagine. We are expanding our capabilities to run on any platform (not just our own), so that 3VR remains the preferred choice for everyone when it comes to anything that has to do with video. Our deployment options include on-premise license software, a diverse series of appliances, and a hosted cloud service. The possibilities of what the 3VR platform can do and what you can do for it is open ended! You are not just another engineer when you join 3VR. You + 3VR equal endless possibilities!
- Wildcard: Anything else that is needed to make 3VR into a wildly successful company.
For us, qualifications are whatever enables you to meet and exceed your performance objectives. We will not specify a number of years of experience, nor tell you what degrees you must have, nor require that you be proficient with a certain set of algorithms. But, we will provide you with some thoughts on what you, the perfect candidate to knock this opportunity out of the park, have probably worked on, played around with, or even just contemplated in your spare time (to be honest, this section also helps us with SEO):
- You have solved tough scalability and reliability issues. This could be at the system level (dealing with CPU, memory, or I/O constraints), in the database (reducing complex queries to save time), at the network level (handling bandwidth and latency concerns), or any other part of the architecture that presents a challenge.
- You not only understand the limitations of what computers can do, but also what they excel at. Using that knowledge, you enjoy tackling the unique challenges that occur at the intersection of software and hardware, and applying these solutions to the novel business problems that 3VR solves.
- You relish the opportunity to make applications work seamlessly across distributed systems.
- 3VR currently develops mostly using C#/.Net on top of a MySQL DB. Previous exposure to C# is advantageous, but a strong background in Java, C++, or other OOP languages is acceptable as long as you are ready to jump into C#. Experience with various database technologies is also a big plus.
- 3VR utilizes Scrum for our development methodology, and you will be a key member of the scrum team that is focused on VMS and appliances.
- At 3VR, we put a great deal of emphasis on collaboration and maintaining an open working environment - having great coworkers is one of the biggest determinants for enjoying your work, and we take our enjoyment of work very seriously.
- Your opinions matter. We are driven by technology and innovation, and we look to the smartest, most passionate people on the team as the source of ideas.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you have been looking for, then we need your resume. Also, send us a cover letter to give us a sense of why you think you are absolutely the right person for this job. Tell us how and why you are going to meet and exceed the objectives above, and then we will tell you how we can meet and exceed your goals for a great place to work.
- 3VR provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- 3VR is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
Based in San Francisco, CA, 3VR provides video business intelligence solutions for real-time security and customer insights enabling organizations to protect employees, customers and assets as well as improve store operations and shopping experiences. 3VR products include hybrid network video recorders, video management and investigation software, comprehensive dashboards and reports and a robust suite of video analytics and APIs. 3VR is one of the fastest growing US-based private companies and is the standard for hundreds of global customers in Financial Services, Retail, Government, Critical Infrastructure and Hospitality. www.3vr.com