3VR unveils its most powerful and versatile SmartRecorder
New P-Series SmartRecorder delivers comprehensive set of feature and hardware enhancements to meet customer and integrator demands
Register today to get a first look at the P-Series in 3VR hosted web seminar.
San Francisco, CA – September 09, 2009 – 3VR Security, Inc, the searchable surveillance leader, today announced the release of its P-Series SmartRecorder, the company’s most powerful SmartRecorder yet. A hybrid DVR/NVR built on 3VR’s best-in-class searchable surveillance platform, the new P-Series offers a comprehensive feature and hardware upgrade to 3VR’s earlier E-Series SmartRecorder, making the P-Series the most flexible and supportable surveillance solution available on the market today.
"The P-Series is our fastest, most advanced and most powerful product, and it is uniquely designed to give customers a leg up on crime with full support for 3VR multi-analytic capabilities, video search and integration to enterprise systems,” said Al Shipp, CEO at 3VR. "The release also provides new possibilities for large scale deployments, offering customers the ability to easily scale and network implementations supporting thousands of cameras.”
The new P-Series comes loaded with new features and capabilities to improve the customer experience and ability to fight crime:
- Highest quality video capture available on the market today with all channels able to record 30 frames per second at 4CIF video quality, providing customers greater ability to capture usable video.
- Improved storage capacity with up to 4 terabytes of storage all leveraging 3VR’s unique SmartStorage technology, allowing video to be retained for as long as it is needed.
- Enterprise-class system health monitoring capabilities including an innovative health light that alerts staff immediately if the unit is experiencing a drive failure or is not recording video.
- Greater hard drive maintenance abilities with hot swap hard drive replacement capabilities, which negates the need to power down the system in order to exchange video storage.
- Simple integration capabilities with built-in alarm inputs and outputs and on board RS 422/485 Serial to PTZ control, easily plugging into existing IP and analog video surveillance network infrastructures.
- Rapid reboot using flash memory to significantly minimize downtime.
Register today to get a first look at the P-Series in 3VR hosted web seminar. </>
Designed for implementation in enterprise environments, the P-Series makes it easy for integrators to deliver the most advanced security technology to their customers without introducing unnecessary complexity. With simple integration to external data systems such as point of sale, access control, alarm, and other systems, the new P-Series is simple to both implement and support.
"It is clear that 3VR really listened to its customers when it designed the P-Series,” said Joe Davis, senior manager, retail loss prevention operations for T-Mobile retail locations. "With this new release, 3VR places its already top-of-the-line searchable surveillance functionality and comprehensive multi-analytics within a better, faster and more advanced piece of hardware.”
"The P-Series is fully cross-compatible with other 3VR SmartRecorders and 3VR enterprise software making it ideal for large or distributed organizations,” said Thomas Benson, senior vice president at Hamilton Pacific.
The P-Series SmartRecorder fills out 3VR’s family of intelligent video management products, which also includes the S-Series SmartRecorder, a newly released compact, economical and low-bandwidth video system also built on 3VR’s unique searchable surveillance platform, and 3VR’s Server-Class IVMS, a Windows-based solution offering maximum integration and management capabilities for flexible assimilation to any IT environment. All 3VR solutions feature video analytic, data integration and search capabilities, advanced motion and facial surveillance, and state-of-the-art central management options.
3VR Security, Inc., the searchable surveillance leader, provides the first intelligent video management system powered by a search engine with integrated video analytics. 3VR systems lower physical and operational costs while dramatically improving the effectiveness and efficiency of investigations for fraud, theft and other crimes. Based in San Francisco, CA, the company is privately held with funding from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VantagePoint Ventures, In-Q-Tel and DAG Ventures. 3VR is the three-time winner of the SIA best new video product, was named security product of the year from Frost & Sullivan in 2006 and 2007 among other awards. For more information, please visit www.3vr.com.