Security Sales & Integration: 30 Innovators Take Top Technology Honors
The latest and greatest HD video, detection devices and access controls share the spotlight with productivity, design and installation tools as SSI reveals 2011’s Top 30 Technology Innovations. Take a look at which products made the strongest impact on our experts from both technological and practical business standpoints.
By Paul Boucherle, Bob Dolph and Scott Goldfine | December 15, 2011
Technological advances are accelerating by exponential leaps and bounds. So much so that futurists like author Ray Kurzweil speculate about the imminent dawn of the Singularity — when artificial intelligence will allow humankind to transcend our biological limitations and amplify our creativity. It's hard to imagine what security might be like when that day arrives — but whatever it is will have evolved from some of the creations included in SECURITY SALES & INTEGRATION's 2011 Top 30 Technology Innovations.
Tempering the whiz-bang technological sizzle of security industry product offerings with real-world application perspectives and business sensibility are SSI's own futurists, "Convergence Channel" columnist Paul Boucherle and "Tech Talk" writer Bob Dolph. Indeed, today now more than ever any technology is only as viable as its ability to solve a need and turn a profit. So whether you seek higher profitability, better efficiencies, making installations and troubleshooting easier, to expand your portfolio or feed your inner techno geek, you're certain to find something well worthwhile in this year's Top 30 selections.
In addition to choices residing within the familiar categories of access control, fire/life-safety, intrusion detection and video surveillance, the annual list also includes sales and business management software, LED lighting, installation tools, solar-powered devices, environmental monitoring, cloud-based applications, home management and more. Security technology buffs will note the expected prominence of high definition and megapixel video, analytics, video management systems, biometrics and wireless devices. However, they may be unfamiliar with some of the brands and models that won over our expert judges. In addition to being a useful reference for opportunity-hungry industry professionals, the Top 30 - like all such lists and awards - is subjective and lends itself to enjoyable discussion and debate. With that in mind, and in the spirit of the season, prepare for your head to spin like a kid with an all-access pass to Santa's Workshop as SSI proudly presents (in alphabetical order by writer) 2011's Top 30 Technology Innovations.
Paul Boucherle's Picks
- Aiphone IP Video Intercom
- Arecont 20-Megapixel Camera
- ASA Sales CRM System
- Axis Low-Light Network Camera
- ComNet 4-Port Ethernet Switch
- Gish Technology Video Design Tool
- HID Secure Access Platform
- IQinVision Megapixel Outdoor Cameras
- Napco Bug-Fire Combo Panels
- Pegasus CCTV IR Bullet Camera
- SenSource IP Traffic Counter
- Strongstreams Video Routing
- Veracity Cold Storage NAS
- Via680 Business Management Tool
- WeSuite Sales Management Tool
Bob Dolph's Picks
- BES Flex Auger Drill Bit
- FST21 Biometric Access Control
- GRI Hold-up Switch
- HES Electric Strike Solution
- iEvo Fingerprint Access Control
- Linear Prox Transmitters & Tags
- MicroPower Solar-Powered Camera
- Optex Wireless Perimeter Detectors
- Salient Systems Video Management
- Scallop Panoramic HD Camera
- Telguard Cellular Alarm Communicator
- 3VR Video Intelligence Platform
- Totus LED Lighting System
- 2GIG Home Management System
- Winland Environmental Monitoring
SSI Technical Writers Paul Boucherle, Bob Dolph and Editor-in-Chief Scott Goldfine can be reached at email@example.com.